Sunday, May 22, 2011

Catrice Bye Bye Birdy!

And that is the last time I will be putting the exclamation mark in this polish's name.

On the bottle it says 2x Coats/Auftragen (which I think means coats?). This is a LIE. It was still streaky at two coats. So I had to do 3. It was thick, and bubbled. The brush shape/size was okay but it was a bit hard.

Apart from that, it's a yellow with hidden shimmer. It's barely visible, but it's there. I did take pictures but they sucked the first time round so this is a reswatch. Not that it's important. I think.

If you click to enlarge the images you'll be able to see the shimmer. Or you could just put your face really close to the screen :D





While I was removing this, I found these. Weird, huh?

I was hoping the shimmer would be a little bit more visible, but hidden isn't so bad. I have a comparison post ready so that will be next.

Oh and in case it isn't past 6pm where you live yet, I have lived past 6pm and obviously, I am still alive. This post was not scheduled to make it look like I survived the rapture that didn't happen. So stop worrying, you are not going to die in an earthquake or zombie apocalypse. Yet.

3 comments:

  1. One of the dupes for the famous 'Mimosa' from Chanel, I think. I think I could do a subtle yellow pastel.
    Umm, a comparison post. Intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great on you. I am slowly warming up to yellows. Totally weird about the removal holes/bubbles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. marox79 - Hmm, I am not sure since I don't have Mimosa. I think the shimmer in Mimosa would be more obvious though..

    Shimmer - Thank you! I am not a huge fan of yellows either but they're okay (:

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I read each and every comment (in fact, I check obsessively), and I really appreciate every comment given!

Please do not leave your link in a comment. If you want me to check out your blog, send me an e-mail! (: