Monday, April 11, 2011

Skin Food Skin Tight Jeans

Before anyone asks, I completely made up that name. It's not really called Skin Tight Jeans, I'm listening to Katy Perry's Teenage Dream on an iTunes radio station and this polish appears to not have a name, and it doesn't even have a code!

In light of Autism Awareness month, I've decided to do a whole bunch of blues, as many as I can. I'm wearing blue right now, so are my toenails and my iPhone. I've already got a few blue manis planned out :D

Anyway, I don't know what happened with this one, but there are sheet marks and I couldn't get any good photos. I was only wearing this as a 'transition' polish, for a day or so before I got my swap package.

In the bottle, this looks like a very promising polish but it lacks depth and doesn't dry shiny. Even with top coat I feel it's not as shiny as it should be. I really think it could've been so much better.

I did 2 or 3 coats. The quality isn't as good as I was hoping for it to be. In my previous experience, I had dragging with it and bald spots. That happens with another green Skin Food polish I have too. I used China Glaze Fast Forward top coat, but it still lacked shine.

Forgive me for the horrible photos. This was the only other blue I already had photos of. You do NOT want to see the blue creme I have. Those are BAD.

I forgot to describe it. It's a navy blue with lots of blue and little bit of pink shimmer. Pretty in concept, but again, no depth.







And then I got my swap package from Kellie and decided to try a couple of them out:

Icing Frost Yourself on Skin Tight Jeans

Sinful Hottie on Skin Tight Jeans

How was that for blue month? I know I haven't been all blue so far but it's not too late to start, right? I'm currently reading (or trying to read) a book by Jodi Picoult called 'House Rules'. It's about a teenager with Asperger's Syndrome (a type of high-functioning autism) who is accused of murder. It's been extremely good so far.

I hope you're all enjoying your month so far. I have a terrible week to go through: 2 lab reports, one 1500 word essay, another report due and a chemistry test (which got cancelled - yay!). Then I have to study for a law and ethics test which will happen on Monday in the week after next week, and I'm going on a family holiday over the weekend. Which means I have to try to get all my studying done before the holiday :/

By the way, I failed my test on Wednesday. But so did a whole bunch of my classmates so it's not that bad.. Right? ):

I really like the last picture. Can't stop staring at it (:

2 comments:

  1. I wore blue on my last mani too. Yours is super blingy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't actually wear any of the glitters on the Skin Food polish as a full mani, but now I'm thinking about it (:

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I read each and every comment (in fact, I check obsessively), and I really appreciate every comment given!

Please do not leave your link in a comment. If you want me to check out your blog, send me an e-mail! (: